Geek talk

cyrus, postfix, squirelmail, and I think mailman are all up and running. I switched imap and smtp over this morning after realizing that I was missing the myorgin= setting in postfix. Now everything is working. I have have virtual domains up and running and separated unix authentication from email authentication.
I did have to make a hack. When cyrus authenticates a user as domain=iwasdot.com it changes the sql to domain=griffon (griffon is the name of the machine) I haven’t been able to make it do anything fix this so I changed postfix to use smtpd_sasl_local_domain=griffon so it can authenticate against the sql database as well.
Its a hack but it works.

Leave a Reply

OpenID

Anonymous